Blankets can be considered truly a blessing in the cold, harsh villain of winter. Blankets are not just fabrics that protect you from the cold and keep you warm and cozy but also prevents perspiration even in the summer nights. The blanket is a never let go companion. It keeps the warmth with you when you want to sleep peacefully or binge-eat while chilling with Netflix in the weekends. Blankets can be personalized to suit you, making it yet more of an inseparable part of you.
How to Select the Best Blanket for Winter
Blankets come in a variety of sizes, colours, patterns, innovations, materials, etc. One should always be very cautious and careful when choosing the perfect companion for the season. The best blankets for winter can be chosen while keeping the following points in your mind-
- Choose the blanket’s warmth according to the place you live at. You can go for cozy multiple layered ones if you live in areas where winters are harsh and light breezy ones if you live in the equatorial warm areas.
- It is always better to pick a bigger size than the size you need to fit the blanket properly all around the bed as most sizes do not fit the bed size exactly.
- Choose an intermediate fill power blanket that has enough large cluster to insulate, breathe through and usually has a longer life. High fill power makes the blanket very heavy and harder to handle.
- External fibers matter as it touches the skin every time and hence a cover with high thread count is to be chosen.
- Blankets never come cheap and hence one needs to care for the blanket well. Choose a blanket that can overcome the perks of your daily routine.